Union Road Remodel
Starting on Tuesday, November 12th through the beginning of Summer 2020 (at the latest I am assured by Cal Portland), the city is redesigning the road in between the Club and Barney Schwartz Park. The project includes the following phases of work and will occur at different times during the project:
- Concrete improvements (side walk, curb ramps, cross gutters, etc.)
- PCC pavement removal & roadway excavation
- Underground utilities (electrical, irrigation, sewer and water)
- Grinding of the existing pavement
- Restriping and replacement of markings
- Installation of new pedestrian crossing with flashing beacon
look for no parking signs that will be posted 72 hours prior to each
phase. Work hours will be generally between 7 am and 5 pm. Occasional
night work will take place during the dates listed above. The night
work hours will be between 10 pm and 5 am. Cars will be towed if parked
during the no parking dates posted on Union Road.
I have been assured that there will be constant access to both of our parking lots during this construction. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this revitalization of our frontage road. We are excited to have a beautiful (and quiet) road in the future.
Sara Dobroth, General Manager